Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Final Project: Analysis

While and after working on my final project I would ask for suggestions to see if I was moving in the right way or if what I was marketing could actually reach and speak to the viewer.

"The advertisement really emphasis luxury, is that what you were trying to do?" - Ted, Graphic Designer

This was indeed what I was mainly focusing on so I am glad they asked the question. "And because design is an iterative process, many of us work, going back and forth—thinking, sketching, rethinking, and so on." (135) We did jump back and forth between ideas, but knew we wanted to stick to something doing with luxury. We wanted to emphasis that in all aspects of advertisement, hence the collaboration with a luxury fashion brand.

"Luxury you didn't know you needed is a really good one" - Alex, Fashion Marketing

I though this possible slogan was witty, but was more of a tagline and could still be used in advertisement in a small paragraph rather than a stand alone. I am glad it was liked, but I wanted the slogan to be sweet and to the point. I also thought it was interesting because luxury is more of a want rather than a need, so it was a play on words.

"The simple sketch shows that luxury can be simple, that's dope" - Carl G, Marketing Analysis

I hadn't thought about the simplicity of it. I was thinking more of the creation of it. This showed that someone saw something beyond what I saw and I greatly appreciated that. Because the world is so digital I wanted to touch on the use of hand drawing as stated in the book, "if everyone seems to be using photo-editing software to create visuals, create yours by hand." (206)  That's what we did here for this ad campaign. Carl gave meaning to the advertisement, that wasn't subliminally put there. It also shows that the advertisement goes beyond the thought we made, of just moving away from digital, not knowing we were moving towards simplicity.


No comments:

Post a Comment